· [Cash Down Payment = Construction Cost – Construction Loan Amount] and [Construction Loan Amount = Appraised Value X 80%] You can see from the above that if your house to be built appraises for exactly the cost to build, you’ll be able to get a loan for 80% of the cost, and you’ll need the other 20% in cash.
FHA home loans are great because of their low credit and down payment requirements. You may be wondering how you can get an FHA construction loan to pay for the project. Whether you’re building, or renovating a house you can get financing.
Our down payment calculator tool helps you understand what your minimum potential down payment could be in your geography based on the target home price that you choose. First we look at the loan limits for different mortgage types in your location, then we take your target home value and identify.